Bonus program for full time hires:
$500 initial hire bonus
$500 after 6 months of full time employment
$1,000 after 1 year of full time employment
Total = $2,000 in bonuses for 1 year of employment
TLC Child and Family Services, home to Journey Academy, is a leading agency which offers a continuum of evidence-based treatment and relationship-focused care to youth and families. Our agency offers five tiers of service; foster care and adoption, residential treatment, special education, comprehensive mental health, and transitional housing. Our team is dedicated to empowering children, young adults, and their support systems with the goal of cultivating resilience, well-being, and prosperity.
Journey Academy is a 24/7 facility consisting of a Non-Public High School and Residential Treatment Program dedicated to providing education and trauma-informed services to high school aged youth experiencing emotional and academic challenges. We provide a safe, therapeutic environment specializing in a relationship-based approach that embraces each individual’s unique strengths. The youth in our Residential Treatment Program live on our campus in a home-like setting, learning and practicing social skills, mood and behavior management, frustration tolerance and interpersonal dynamics with the support of Residential Counselors.
- Supervision, protection and care of children individually and in groups at all times, including sleeping hours
- Assistance to each youth in working with a group and in handling individual problems
- Administration of discipline and setting limits for behavior
- Notation of the youth’s progress, including identification of the possible need for professional services and communication of such findings to professional staff
- *Awake Overnight Counselors are responsible for these duties during sleeping hours
- BA strongly preferred
- Must be able to drive and transport the youth, have a clean driving record and valid CA driver license
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Able to pass a background check and pre-employment physical
- Bilingual in Spanish is preferred
TLC offers a generous benefit package for full time staff including:
- 100% employer paid health, dental and vision plans for the employee
- Dependents would be covered at 50% of the base health plan by TLC, dental and vision would be the employee’s responsibility
- Coverage is available on the 1st of the month following the date of hire
- Paid Time Off: Starting at 15 days per year based on 40 hr. work week. Increases with time of service
- Employee ability to contribute toward a 403b retirement plan. TLC offers a matching contribution with vesting schedule, beginning at the completion of 6 months service
- Employer paid $50,000 Life Insurance policy
- Employee Assistance Plan
TLC Child and Family Services, is Nationally Accredited by the Joint Commission, a member of the National Association of Therapeutic Schools and Programs (NATSAP) and the California Alliance and has the Innovator Seal, which is the highest recognition by the Human Rights Campaign (HRC).
TLC is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and strive to create a workforce that is reflective of the ethnic and cultural makeup of our community.
Compensation: $21.50-$25.50/hr, depending on education and qualified experience. Overnight Premium available.