Bonus program for full time hires:
- $500 initial hire bonus
- $500 after 6 months of full time employment
- $1,000 after 1 year of full time employment
Total= $2,000 in bonuses for 1 year of employment
TLC Child and Family Services, home to Journey Academy, is a leading agency which offers a continuum of evidence-based treatment and relationship-focused care to youth and families. Our agency offers five tiers of service; foster care and adoption, residential treatment, special education, comprehensive mental health, and transitional housing. Our team is dedicated to empowering children, young adults, and their support systems with the goal of cultivating resilience, well-being, and prosperity.
Journey Academy/TLC is looking for dedicated team players who want to make a difference in their community while being compensated. If you like outings in nature with a team, and a job that supports your unique interests and abilities, this could be the job for you. If you are passionate about making a positive impact in our local community, our Residential Counselor position could be a life-changing opportunity for you.
We offer LOTS of training and support, so don’t count yourself out if you have not yet worked in this field.
It’s serious work, but we also have serious fun. Last year we participated in activities such as white-water rafting, rock climbing, camping, kayaking, and backpacking. Residential Counselors regularly take our youth to the beach, local hiking spots, Six Flags and many other outings. We also tend to our gardens and expose the youth to experiences such as yoga and mindfulness.
The Residential Counselor helps supervise and care for the youth on a daily basis; provides them support, guidance and structure. You are a consistent role model, who is working to establish safe, predictable relationships so our youth can thrive.
Working in residential treatment is a multi-dimensional role that incorporates working with a multidisciplinary team of therapists, teachers, social workers, parents, medical coordinators, directors and other Journey Academy Residential Counselors. As a result, working here is a great opportunity for personal and professional growth and development.
The youth we serve come from several walks of life including foster youth, those with mental health challenges (often due to trauma they’ve experienced), and some youth transitioning to adulthood. We see our teens through a strength-based lens, in order to help them see themselves through that lens as well. Trauma Informed Care, Attachment and the Social Learning Model are the heart of what guides our clinical best practices and provides the foundation of your training and work with these amazing young people.
- BA strongly preferred, but life experiences and skills are considered
- Must be able to drive and transport the youth, have a clean driving record and valid CA driver license
- Able to pass a background check and pre-employment physical
- Bilingual in Spanish is preferred.
- If you are at least 21 years old and ready to make a difference, please see our website at www.tlcjourneyacademy.org or for more specifics about our agency visit tlc4kids.org.
TLC offers a generous benefit package for full time staff including:
- 100% employer paid health, dental and vision plans for the employee. Dependents would be covered at 50% of the base health plan by TLC, dental and vision would be the employee’s responsibility. Coverage is available on the 1st of the month following the date of hire.
- Paid Time Off: Starting at 15 days per year based on 40 hr. work week. Increases with time of service.
- Employee ability to contribute toward a 403b retirement plan. TLC offers a matching contribution with vesting schedule, beginning at the completion of 6 months service.
- Employer paid $50,000 Life Insurance policy
- Employee Assistance Plan
TLC Child and Family Services, is Nationally Accredited by the Joint Commission, a member of the National Association of Therapeutic Schools and Programs (NATSAP) and the California Alliance and has the Innovator Seal, which is the highest recognition by the Human Rights Campaign (HRC).
TLC is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and strive to create a workforce that is reflective of the ethnic and cultural makeup of our community.
Please convey your interest by submitting a cover letter and your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Wage range: $21.50-$25.50 hourly, dependent on education and relevant experience.