TLC Child and Family Services, home to Journey Academy, is a leading agency in Northern California where we believe Different is Beautiful. TLC’s thriving programs offer a continuum of evidence-based treatment and relationship-focused care to youth and families. We provide comprehensive quality mental health services, foster care and adoption services, residential treatment, special education services, transitional age youth housing services and have a rapid rehousing program. Our team is enthusiastic and dedicated to empower families, children, young adults and their support systems to cultivate resilience and authenticity by fostering healthy relationships.
TLC Child and Family Services is seeking a full-time person for our Transition Age Youth Housing Rapid Rehousing Program. Come work with a supportive and trauma informed focused professional team to provide comprehensive mobile case management support to youth and young adults (16-25), who are transitioning from homelessness to housing and independent living. The goal of the program is to provide a safe living environment while helping youth to learn the life skills necessary for self-sufficiency upon exiting with permanent affordable housing.
- Facilitates participant’s involvement in employment, education, and independent living skills training, through utilization of the program’s core curriculum.
- Helps new participants to move into an apartment, shared housing or remote site home.
- Monitors participant’s compliance with housing rules and responsibilities.
- Monitors housekeeping and daily living.
- Participates in team treatment review and planning.
- Provides problem solving, conflict resolution, and future-planning counsel.
- Maintains appropriate working relationships with private and public agencies for the purposes of effective case management and to support TLC’s vision to the greater community.
- Participates in agency and weekly staff meetings as assigned.
- Aids each youth as they develop and meet goals pertaining to personal, financial, educational, employment and housing objectives.
- Is available for some evenings and for on-call hours, typically at least once a month.
- Complete monthly documentation on youth’s progress in programming and self identified transition goals.
Skills and Abilities:
- Can work both collaboratively and independently.
- Is generally creative, optimistic, empathetic to others’ lived experiences and flexible.
- Bilingual in English/Spanish
- A Bachelor’s degree in Psychology, Social Work or a related field preferred
- Minimum of one year experience working in homeless services
- Minimum of one year working with transition age youth
- Some educational units in human or social services
- The ability to maintain a positive, strength-focused perspective is essential.
- Obtain and maintain fingerprint, government and agency required background clearances, without additional exemptions.
- Ability to pass a pre-employment physical exam, TB and drug screen.
- Valid California driver’s license with an acceptable driving record and auto insurance showing employee as an insured driver on the policy.
TLC offers a generous benefit package for full time staff including:
- 100% employer paid health, dental and vision plans for the employee. Dependents would be covered at 50% of the base health plan by TLC, dental and vision would be the employee’s responsibility. Coverage is available on the 1st of the month following the date of hire.
- Paid Time Off: Starting at 14 days per year based on 40 hr. work week. Increases with time of service.
- 11 paid Holidays
- Employee ability to contribute toward a 403b retirement plan. TLC offers a matching contribution with vesting schedule, beginning at the completion of 6 months service.
- Employer paid $50,000 Life Insurance policy
- Employee Assistance Plan
Wage range: $20-24/hr based on education and experience.
TLC Child and Family Services, is Nationally Accredited by the Joint Commission, a member of the National Association of Therapeutic Schools and Programs (NATSAP) and the California Alliance and has the Innovator Seal, which is the highest recognition by the Human Rights Campaign (HRC).
TLC is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and strive to create a workforce that is reflective of the ethnic and cultural makeup of our community.