TLC provides comprehensive quality mental health services, foster care and adoption services, residential treatment, special education services and transitional housing.
TLC is looking for a qualified applicant to provide technical support to all areas needed with the various programs and sites of TLC Child & Family Services. This includes computers, e-mail, website, phone, and voicemail equipment in both office and educational environments. TLC is a dynamic organization focused on creating and maintaining a positive working and learning environment for staff and youth participating in our programs.
- Manage computer networks (hardwired & wireless), cloud services, Avaya VoIP phone, and CCTV systems for multiple locations.
- Ensure new hires are trained on, assigned, and equipped with all necessary computers, equipment, accounts, access and permissions.
- Track inventory and equipment assignments and reassignments to staff, teachers, students and youth agency wide, including reimaging, restocking, reformatting and reassigning equipment as needed.
- Create profiles and maintain matrix outlining necessary equipment and software needs per department and position, and corresponding drive images for quick (re)formatting and (re)assignment.
- Provide ongoing, proactive tech support for 120+ end users via web based helpdesk ticketing system while logging activity and proactively communicating updates to users.
- Resolve technical issues in areas of computing and networking within multiple operating environments.
- Coordinate with staff on set-up and breakdown of tech necessary for meetings and events.
- Manage and document hardware and software troubleshooting, upgrades, installations, acquisitions, licensing, and repairs.
- Maintain vendor relationships, vendor files and keys as appropriate.
- Deploy IT training for onboarding new hires across multiple departments.
- Update organizations websites and staff pages (WordPress and Google Sites).
- Actively seek and participate in the education of staff in technologies that will improve communication, organization, efficiency and workflow.
- Thorough understanding of Google Workspaces and managing user accounts.
- Thorough understanding of system administration and network protocols. An understanding of Unifi systems a plus.
- Thorough understanding of MS Office (Mac and PC), Adobe Acrobat Pro.
- Must be comfortable using Active Directory, managing network shares, user accounts and access.
- Ability to foresee and articulate issues, and implement necessary change.
- Ability to work with various service providers and agencies who offer necessary services to TLC.
- Ability to work independently, as well as within a team decision-making process.
- Ability to communicate with a variety of staff who are at various skill levels.
- Deliver technical customer support in person, over the phone, or remotely; identify, troubleshoot, and resolve a wide range of technical network and end-user workstation problems.
- Support and train end-users in a wide range of software applications as needed.
- Read, understand and apply complex technical information.
- Desire to master new computer technology.
- Maintain cooperative working relationships.
- Demonstrate sensitivity to, and respect for, a diverse population.
- Two years college level coursework
- Two years of full-time experience providing end-user support for current PC and Macintosh desktop and application software
- Two years full-time experience installing, upgrading, troubleshooting, and repairing computers in a network environment.
- MCP (Microsoft Certified Professional), A+ and Network+ certifications desired.
- Obtain and maintain fingerprint, government and agency required background clearances, without additional exemptions.
- Ability to pass a pre-employment physical exam, TB and drug screen.
- Valid California driver’s license with an acceptable driving record and auto insurance showing employee as an insured driver on the policy.
- Proof of COVID-19 vaccination required.
TLC offers a generous benefit package for full time staff including:
- 100% employer paid health, dental and vision plans for the employee. Dependents would be covered at 50% of the base health plan by TLC, dental and vision would be the employee’s responsibility. Coverage is available on the 1st of the month following the date of hire.
- Paid Time Off: Starting at 14 days per year based on 40 hr. work week. Increases with time of service.
- 11 paid Holidays
- Employee ability to contribute toward a 403b retirement plan. TLC offers a matching contribution with vesting schedule, beginning at the completion of 6 months service.
- Employer paid $50,000 Life Insurance policy
- Employee Assistance Plan
- Competitive pay based on education and experience
We value diversity and are an Equal Opportunity Employer. For more info about TLC go to www.tlc4kids.org
Please convey your interest by submitting a cover letter and your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. You may be contacted for an interview pending a review of all qualified applicants.
Salary starting at : $36/hr