TLC Child and Family Services, home to Journey Academy, is a leading agency in Northern California where we believe Different is Beautiful. TLC’s thriving programs offer a continuum of evidence-based treatment and relationship-focused care to youth and families. We provide comprehensive quality mental health services, foster care and adoption services, residential treatment, special education services and transitional housing. Our team is enthusiastic and dedicated to empower families, children, young adults and their support systems to cultivate resilience and authenticity by fostering healthy relationships.
The Staff Accountant is responsible for payroll processing, billing and other accounting functions of the organization. The ideal candidate will be engaging, able to work and interact with a variety of personalities as well as have the ability to take initiative and work independently. This position requires strong organizational skills and the ability to perform duties with a high level of accuracy.
This is an onsite, 40 hr per week position at our Sebastopol office.
- Process bi-weekly payroll of 100+ employees with a high degree of accuracy and within payroll deadlines
- Review and update payroll changes, including wages, benefits, deductions and PTO
- Process monthly billing and enter invoices into Netsuite
- Enter daily cash receipts into Netsuite
- Research past due receivables and billing discrepancies and work with program staff to resolve issues
- Prepare and post journal entries
- Assist with other monthly accounting processes and reports, as assigned
- Complete general office duties associated with the position, such as filing, scanning, faxing and mailing
- Complete other projects and duties as assigned by the Accounting Manager or CFA
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to prioritize workload and perform job duties with a high level of accuracy
- Ability to maintain confidentiality in all matters of the agency operations including clients, parents and employees
- Ability to exercise good judgment in the performance of duties and responsibilities
- Reliable, good work ethic, high integrity, strong communication skills
- 3-5 years of payroll and accounting experience
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in Accounting or related field is preferred
- One year nonprofit accounting experience preferred
- Computer proficiency, including working knowledge of MS Excel/Word and accounting systems
- Obtain and maintain fingerprint, government and agency required background clearances, without additional exemptions.
- Ability to pass a pre-employment physical exam, TB and drug screen.
- Valid California driver’s license with an acceptable driving record and auto insurance showing employee as an insured driver on the policy.
- COVID-19 vaccination required. Reasonable medical or religious accommodations may be considered.
Competitive pay DOE, includes health benefits, paid time off and 403b retirement program.
We value diversity and are an Equal Opportunity Employer. For more info about TLC go to www.tlc4kids.org
Please convey your interest by submitting a cover letter and your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. You may be contacted for an interview pending a review of all qualified applicants.