TLC Child and Family Services, home to Journey Academy, is a leading agency which offers a continuum of relationship-focused care to youth and families. Our agency offers five tiers of service; foster care and adoption, residential treatment, special education, comprehensive mental health, and transitional housing. Our team is dedicated to empowering children, young adults, and their support systems with the goal of cultivating resilience, well-being, and prosperity.
The TLC Transition Age Youth Housing Programs provide housing and comprehensive supportive mobile case management for youth, 18-25, experiencing homelessness or impacted by foster care. TLC partners with landlords and homeowners throughout Sonoma County to provide safe and stable housing for our youth . Services are focused on independent living skills as well as assessing and addressing specific barriers to the end goal of long term affordable stable housing.
Reporting to the Program Director and responsible to the Executive Leadership Team, this position provides administrative support to the Transition Age Youth Housing Placement Program (THP). There is a high level of interaction with transition age youth, staff and accounting/data transactions.
General Office Duties:
The Resource Center Manager oversees the overall organization and maintenance of THP offices and grounds, assessing maintenance needs as they arise and communicating with landlord, maintenance staff and outside vendors as needed. Responsibilities include answering and monitoring the main telephone line, processing and routing all information, mail and notices received regarding participants, staff, and functioning of THP offices. The Resource Center Manager helps maintain office equipment as well as order supplies and assist with overall problem solving and troubleshooting as needed, regarding office buildings, THP vehicles, and donations.
The Resource Center Manager functions as the key financial record keeper for the Transition Age Youth (TAY) Housing Programs at THP. This includes but is not limited to:
- Manage THP finances, including grant writing and tracking.
- Track grant spending and support with narrative writing for grant applications and reports.
- Manage and update bi-monthly Participant Expense Report and distribution of PE checks to staff and youth.
- Manage and coordinate monthly purchasing of gift cards for Rapid Re-Housing (RRH) and THP-Plus participants.
- Generate, process and track all check requests including but not limited to: grant awards, grant purchases and bill payments on behalf of participants and other TAY, clothing allowances, household needs, and prorated participant expenses.
- Track THP credit card expenses, request and upload receipts, enter appropriate GL codes and submit monthly online reports.
- Approve and route invoices for THP services and purchases related to the Resource Center.
- Track and issue staff reimbursements for participant meetings and other related purposes and regularly process/refill petty cash.
- Manage holiday petty cash advances, reimbursement and online purchasing of gifts and gift cards.
- Maintain systems for tracking all grant expenditures.
- Receive, upload and track county Notices of Action and contact eligibility workers as necessary to rectify errors related to stop payments, eligibility renewal, and other payment interruptions or inaccuracies.
Additional duties may include and are not limited to:
- Attend community meetings, events and training as required by the human resource and program directors.
- Assist in the development and carrying out of staff training pertaining to the Resource Center and office procedures.
- Work closely with Resource Center Social Worker and support with event and workshop preparation and purchasing as necessary.
- Assist with food ordering and preparing for participants, resident advisor provider, and staff training and events.
- Help organize staff meetings as needed.
- Provide administrative services to THPP/THP-Plus/RRH Program Director and professional staff as needed.
- Train new staff on center and office procedures and policies.
- Ability to express oneself and communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Proficient editing skills
- Support existing agency policies, maintain confidentiality in all matters of agency operations including participants and employees
- Maintain appropriate professional relationships with all staff and participants, including displaying healthy boundaries
- Work in a team-decision-making process
- Understand participants of the program and their needs
- Make clear decisions in a crisis situation
- A minimum of a BA degree
- Experience in all aspects of administrative and accounting duties
- Computer skills and knowledge of Google Office Suite, Microsoft Word and Excel
- All employees will be required to familiarize themselves with a variety of written material that coincides with TLC Child and Family Services professional standards, philosophical orientation toward youth and their treatment needs.
- Obtain and maintain fingerprint, government and agency required background clearances, without additional exemptions
- Ability to pass a pre-employment physical exam, TB and drug screen
- Valid California driver’s license with an acceptable driving record and auto insurance showing employee as an insured driver on the policy
- COVID-19 vaccination required
- Bilingual preferred
TLC offers a generous benefit package for full time staff including:
- 100% employer paid health, dental and vision plans for the employee. Dependents would be covered at 50% of the base health plan by TLC, dental and vision would be the employee’s responsibility. Coverage is available on the 1st of the month following the date of hire.
- Paid Time Off: Starting at 14 days per year based on 40 hr. work week. Increases with time of service.
- 11 paid Holidays
- Employee ability to contribute toward a 403b retirement plan. TLC offers a matching contribution with vesting schedule, beginning at the completion of 6 months service.
- Employer paid $50,000 Life Insurance policy
- Employee Assistance Plan
- Competitive pay based on education and experience
We value diversity and are an Equal Opportunity Employer. For more info about TLC go to www.tlc4kids.org
Please convey your interest by submitting a cover letter and your resume to email@example.com.