Support the Most Vulnerable Children, Youth, and Young Adults in Our Community Through Communication that Inspires Positive Change and Engagement
Based in beautiful Sonoma County, TLC Child and Family Services offers a continuum of evidence based treatment and relationship-focused care to youth and families. Under the agency umbrella, TLC has three primary programs: Foster Family and Adoption (FFA), Transitional Housing (THP), and Journey Academy, our Residential and non-public school program. Our FFA department serves individuals and families wishing to provide loving homes to children from infancy up to 21 years of age. Our THP program consists of three housing programs that give young people, ages 16-24, the opportunity to learn critical life skills and receive comprehensive mobile case management and support from a team of trauma informed professional staff while living independently in Sonoma County. Our Journey Academy program is dedicated to providing education and trauma-informed services to high school aged youth experiencing emotional and academic challenges.
Responsible and reportable to the Senior Director & Chief Executive Officer. The Marketing & Internal Communications Specialist is responsible for building marketing campaigns and strategy, including clarifying a visual identity and managing social media efforts. Works in collaboration with the Engagement Specialist to design, package, and distribute donor cultivation and other fundraising efforts. This position oversees the communications calendar and the development of key marketing tools, such as the website, social media, quarterly updates, and annual/impact reports.
- In partnership with the Engagement Specialist & Executive team, oversees TLC’s brand development and visual identity
- Work closely with the leadership team on marketing and communications initiatives that incorporate the vision, mission, values and strategic growth priorities of TLC
- Manage all social media accounts and posts to drive increased community engagement
- Maintain an interactive website and make regular updates
- Work with the Engagement Specialist to build a visually appealing, impactful messaging framework and create associated collateral. Help our key stakeholders understand what we do, why we do it, and how it is relevant to them. Ensure that TLC stays relevant and innovative. Through visual storytelling, create experiences that uniquely amplify our message and draw partners to us in a deep and meaningful way.
- Lead all internal communications efforts for the organization. Ensure that the TLC team is included, engaged, and updated regularly on the organization’s partnerships, projects, and policies.
- Team coordination including calendaring meetings, setting and circulating agendas and maintaining pulse on local events and publications
- Other duties to meet the needs of our youth as requested
Applied Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Highly creative, comfortable with ambiguity, excited by big opportunities
- Excellent visual storytelling skills with experience in building marketing strategies, growing social media engagement, and creating stylistic guidelines
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Able to work independently and communicate efficiently
- High capacity to collaborate across matrixed environments. Lead with inspiration, resilience and resolve
- Demonstrated ability to understand the big picture
- Enthusiasm for the TLC Child & Family Services’ mission
- Excellent planning and organizational skills with a demonstrated ability to move multiple projects forward simultaneously
- Flexibility, drive and a sense of humor
- All employees will be required to familiarize themselves with a variety of written material that coincides with TLC Child and Family Services professional standards, philosophic orientation toward youth and their treatment needs.
- A bachelor’s degree and experience with social media channels: Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram, Non-profit experience is a plus
- Experience with visual marketing, including creating original collateral with InDesign, Illustrator, and/or Photoshop, videography experience is a plus
- Demonstrated success in developing culture building communication
- Experience distilling complex concepts into content that is easy to consume
- Demonstrated success in cultivating and developing relationships with a diverse workforce
- Proven success in writing correspondence
- Obtain and maintain fingerprint, government and agency required background clearances, without additional exemptions.
- Ability to pass a pre-employment physical exam, TB and drug screen.
- Valid California driver’s license with an acceptable driving record and auto insurance showing employee as an insured driver on the policy.
- COVID-19 vaccination required
- Bilingual in Spanish preferred.
TLC offers a generous benefit package for full time staff including:
- 100% employer paid health, dental and vision plans for the employee. Dependents would be covered at 50% of the base health plan by TLC, dental and vision would be the employee’s responsibility. Coverage is available on the 1st of the month following date of hire.
- Paid Time Off: Starting at 14 days per year based on 40 hr. work week. Increases with time of service.
- 11 paid Holidays
- Employee ability to contribute toward a 403b retirement plan. TLC offers a matching contribution with vesting schedule, beginning at the completion of 6 months service.
- Employer paid $50,000 Life Insurance policy
- Employee Assistance Plan
Competitive salary based on education and experience
TLC Child and Family Services, is Nationally Accredited by the Joint Commission, a member of the National Association of Therapeutic Schools and Programs (NATSAP) and the California Alliance and has the Innovator Seal, which is the highest recognition by the Human Rights Campaign (HRC).
We value diversity and are an Equal Opportunity Employer. For more info about TLC go to www.tlc4kids.org
Please convey your interest by submitting a cover letter and your resume to email@example.com. You may be contacted for an interview pending a review of all qualified applicants.