Starting wage $23/hr
TLC Child and Family Services is a leading agency which offers relationship-focused care to youth and families. Our agency offers five tiers of service; foster care and adoption, residential treatment, special education, comprehensive mental health, and transitional housing. Our team is dedicated to empowering children, young adults, and their support systems with the goal of cultivating resilience, well-being, and prosperity.
The Maintenance Specialist is responsible for supporting agency maintenance requirements in various locations. This position requires flexibility in personal scheduling and meeting a variety of agency needs as assigned on a daily basis.
- Maintain grounds at various residential and office facilities in Sebastopol and Santa Rosa
- Safely and efficiently execute projects and repairs
- Respond to urgent maintenance calls
- Manage building and equipment maintenance schedules per TLC’s Preventative Maintenance Plans
- Prepare for emergencies by assisting in the creation and distribution of building evacuation and other action plans
- Maintain and test building fire safety and security systems, and promote safety within the buildings
- Track and report equipment and supply needs
- Create working relationships with vendors and suppliers on behalf of senior managers as needed
- Maintain preferred vendor lists and status of contacts, per Chief Operations Officer
- Maintain maintenance records
- Upkeep of vehicles, tools, equipment and shop space
- Compile project estimates and submit them for approval to the Director of Maintenance, or requesting supervisor.
- Monitor, respond to, and update the maintenance support request portal
- Monitor, respond to, and update project expenses and details to the tracking system
Applied Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- General knowledge of multiple aspects of residential and commercial construction and best practices
- Safe operation of related tools and equipment
- Proficiency with office and tracking software and technology
- Ability to work effectively around young people and their families
- Ability to work in a team decision-making process
- Ability to communicate effectively with law enforcement and other community agencies in a positive and supportive manner
- Ability to work effectively with school officials, teachers and counselors in a positive and supportive manner.
- Ability to take direction
- Clearly express oneself orally and in writing
- Ability to make timely decisions
- Minimum of two years’ experience in general maintenance and groundskeeping work
- Obtain and maintain fingerprint, government and agency required background clearances, without additional exemptions
- Ability to pass a pre-employment physical exam, TB and drug screen
- Valid California driver’s license with an acceptable driving record and auto insurance showing employee as an insured driver on the policy
- Proof of COVID-19 vaccination required
- All employees will be required to familiarize themselves with a variety of written material that coincides with TLC Child and Family Services philosophic orientation toward youth and their treatment needs
TLC offers a generous benefit package for full time staff including:
- 100% employer paid health, dental and vision plans for the employee. Dependents would be covered at 50% of the base health plan by TLC, dental and vision would be the employee’s responsibility. Coverage is available on the 1st of the month following the date of hire.
- Paid Time Off: Starting at 14 days per year based on 40 hr. work week. Increases with time of service.
- 11 paid Holidays
- Employee ability to contribute toward a 403b retirement plan. TLC offers a matching contribution with vesting schedule, beginning at the completion of 6 months service.
- Employer paid $50,000 Life Insurance policy
- Employee Assistance Plan
- Competitive pay based on education and experience
TLC is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and strive to create a workforce that is reflective of the ethnic and cultural makeup of our community.
Please convey your interest by submitting a cover letter and your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.