Salary – $130,000 to $150,000 based on experience
TLC Child and Family Services is a leading agency in California offering a continuum of relationship-focused care to youth and families. The agency offers five areas of service; foster care and adoption, residential treatment, special education, comprehensive mental health, and transitional housing. Our team is dedicated to empowering children, young adults, and their support systems with the goal of cultivating resilience, well-being, and prosperity.
TLC’s main campus is located outside of Sebastopol, CA with two offices in Santa Rosa. The organization employs over 120 employees and provides comprehensive services to children and young adults throughout California. TLC’s foster care program is licensed in six Northern California counties including Sonoma, Napa, Mendocino, Marin, Solano and Lake County.
The CFO’s core responsibility is to lead TLC in financial strategies and performance management based on backward-looking analyses and forward-looking projections. We are looking for someone who is focused on the agency’s future growth, using the past to inform while guiding TLC’s financial performance and economic strategy.
The CFO will oversee the accounting department while partnering with the CEO, Executive Leadership team and the Board of Directors to create strategic forecasts of future growth for the agency.
Chief Financial Officer Job Responsibilities:
- Develops financial well-being of the organization by providing economic projections and accounting services, while preparing growth plans
- Develops organizational strategies by contributing financial and accounting information, analysis, recommendations to strategic thinking, direction and establishing functional objectives in line with organizational goals
- Establishes financial operational strategies by evaluating trends; forming critical measurements; determining production, productivity, quality, client-service strategies designing systems; accumulating resources; resolving problems; and implementing change
- Develops organization prospects by studying economic trends and revenue opportunities; projecting acquisition and expansion prospects; analyzing organization operations
- Identifying opportunities for improvement, cost reduction, and systems enhancement; and accumulating capital to fund growth
- Develops financial strategies by forecasting capital, facilities, staff requirements; identifying monetary resources; and developing action plans
- Monitors financial performance by measuring and analyzing results, initiating corrective actions, and minimizing the impact of variances
- Maximizes return on budgeted funds by identifying investment opportunities and maintaining relationships with the donor community;
- Reports financial status by developing forecasts, reporting results, analyzing variances, and developing improvements
- Updates job knowledge by remaining aware of new industry regulations, participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks, and participating in professional organizations
- Accomplishes finance and organization mission by completing related results as needed
Chief Financial Officer Qualifications/Skills:
- Financial planning and strategy
- Managing profitability
- Strategic planning and vision
- Quality management
- Promotion of process improvement
- Nonprofit finance experience
- Budget development
Education, Experience, and Licensing Requirements
- MBA or bachelor’s degree in business, finance, accounting, or equivalent experience
- Master’s degree preferred
- Bilingual a plus
- BIPOC community is encouraged to apply
- DEI experience preferred
- Certified Public Accountant certification is a plus
- Minimum 10 years experience in accounting and financial management practices
- Experience in a senior management position
- Proficiency with accounting software, word processing, and spreadsheets
- Solid GAAP and financial reporting technical skills
TLC offers a generous benefit package
- 100% employer paid health, dental and vision plans for the employee. Dependents would be covered at 50% of the base health plan by TLC, dental and vision would be the employee’s responsibility. Coverage is available on the 1st of the month following the date of hire
- 11 paid holidays
- Employee ability to contribute toward a 403b retirement plan. TLC offers a matching contribution (up to 4% as the employee matches up to 3%) with vesting schedule, beginning at the completion of 6 months service
- Employer paid $50,000 Life Insurance policy
TLC is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and strive to create a workforce that is reflective of the ethnic and cultural makeup of our community.
TLC Child and Family Services is Nationally Accredited by the Joint Commission, a member of the National Association of Therapeutic Schools and Programs (NATSAP) and the California Alliance as well as the Innovator Seal, which is the highest recognition by the Human Rights Campaign (HRC).
Please send your resume and cover letter to Stacy Nelson & Associates-Leadership Search Partners at firstname.lastname@example.org.
TLC is an equal opportunity employer.