TLC Child and Family Services is a leading agency in Northern California where we believe Different is Beautiful. TLC’s thriving programs offer a continuum of evidence-based treatment and relationship-focused care to youth and families. We provide comprehensive quality mental health services, foster care and adoption services, residential treatment, special education services and housing for transition age youth. Our team is enthusiastic and dedicated to empowering vulnerable children, youth, and young adults to cultivate resilience, authenticity, and healthy relationships.
The Case Manager monitors and supervises each participant’s participation in the THP Plus Program. The primary functions of the Case Manager are to uncover barriers to meeting goals identified in the participant’s intake assessment, coordinate services, and attend to ongoing intermediary steps needed to meet the goals of assessment such as financial management, transportation barriers, and the ongoing daily challenges of independent living. Case Managers have a caseload of no more than 12 young adults, age 21-25, and engage in 3 monthly contacts with program participants with a minimum of one face-to-face visit per month; one of these being within the participant’s home. This position requires dedication, commitment and patience in developing effective treatment plans for program participants and implementing policies and procedures in a teamwork model and harm reduction approach in accordance with agency policy and contractual requirements.
This position requires flexibility in personal scheduling and meeting a variety of agency needs as assigned on a daily basis by the immediate supervisor. Some on call, night and weekend hours needed on a monthly basis.
The Case Manager’s role will include but not be limited to responsibility for:
- Perform intake assessment reports
- Perform periodic progress review reports and discharge summaries
- Provide monthly supervision of transitional housing units and participants
- Oversee participant’s participation in employment, education, and independent living skills training
- Oversee participant’s compliance with program rules and responsibilities
- Oversee monitoring of housekeeping and daily living skills
- Oversee problem solving, conflict resolution, and planning counseling
- Maintain appropriate working relationships with private and public agencies for the purposes of effective case management and a positive TLC community image
- Document all contacts as appropriate in accordance with agency policy and good case management practice
- Ability to relate to young adults and their needs
- Perform individual assessments and carry out appropriate interventions according to case management practice
- Model and teach positive and effective parenting skills to parents
- Clearly communicate personal needs in relation to this position
- Work in a team decision-making process
- Ability to relate to other public and private community agency personnel in a positive and supportive manner
- Ability to take direction
- Ability to express oneself orally and in writing
- Make decisions sometimes in crisis situations
- Ability to work independently
- Possess good computer and word processing skills
- Bachelor Degree in social or behavioral health services plus one year experience with transition age youth/ young adults, residential treatment, transitional housing, or foster care *or* 30 units in a social or behavioral health service field plus 4 years experience.
- Applicants will be evaluated first on their experience in youth and family work and secondarily in experience in any related field
- Bilingual in English/Spanish required
- Must be able to pass a criminal history background check
- Must be able to drive and transport the youth in employee’s personal vehicle and have a clean driving record and valid CA driver license
- All employees will be required to familiarize themselves with a variety of written material that coincides with TLC Child and Family Services philosophic orientation toward youth and their treatment needs
Wage range: $23-$25.89/hour, depending on education and experience. Full-time positions include health benefits, paid time off, and a discretionary retirement program.
TLC is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and strive to create a workforce that is reflective of the ethnic and cultural makeup of our community.