Cultivate an Environment of Healing and Care for Youth Who Are Struggling To Find Their Place In the World
TLC Child and Family Services is a leading community service agency in Northern California. TLC’s thriving programs offer a continuum of evidence-based treatment and relationship-focused care to youth and families. We provide comprehensive quality mental health services, foster care and adoption services, residential treatment, special education services and transitional housing. Our team is enthusiastic and dedicated to empower families, children, young adults and their support systems to cultivate resilience and authenticity by fostering healthy relationships.
Clinicians provide individual, family therapy and group therapy. They work closely with a multidisciplinary team of other therapists, social workers, and clinical supervisors. As a result, this is a great opportunity for personal and professional growth and development. We offer extensive training in evidenced based models including Functional Family Therapy, Motivational Interviewing and EMDR. You will work closely with your supervisor and receive ongoing support. The work is fast paced and rewarding, while also focusing on the honing of your clinical skills.
Come join our innovative and growing team at TLC Child and Family Services where the values of excellence, diversity, collaboration, integrity and transparency are at the heart of our work. We value diversity and are committed to expanding our services to our local Latinx community.
Overall, we love collaborating and creating an environment that provides excellent mental health treatment. Our treatment philosophy is connections based: connections to self, others and the community. Flexibility, teamwork, organization and excellent written skills are required. We are seeking an individual who thrives in a fast paced environment and can contribute their clinical expertise, leadership, creativity, solid work ethic, and playfulness to our spirited team of social workers, clinicians, and counseling staff.
This position will include some evening and potentially Saturday hours as the clinician will need to be available to the referred families based on their schedules. Sessions may occur at any of our three locations and/or in the families’ home. The hours are flexible within that framework.
- A Master’s Degree in Social Work, Marriage and Family Counseling or Mental Health Counseling
- Board of Behavioral Sciences registration
- Bilingual in Spanish/English
- Must be able to pass a criminal history background check
- Must be able to drive and transport the youth in employee’s personal vehicle
- Must have a clean driving record, valid CA driver license and proof of insurance
- COVID-19 vaccination required; reasonable medical or religious accommodations may be considered
- All employees will be required to familiarize themselves with a variety of written material that coincide with TLC Child and Family Services’ philosophy and values regarding youth and their treatment needs
- Dedication, commitment and patience in developing and maintaining a therapeutic alliance with clients and collaboration with the multidisciplinary team, which encourages and supports engagement in therapy and continuity with treatment
- Ability to stay grounded and apply facilitation and directing skills to support youth and their families who find themselves in complex and challenging situations
- Ability to work with diverse people including staff, youth, families, and community members
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills
- Proficient with technology, including: Google Suite, Microsoft Office and electronic health records
- Excellent time management and strong organization skills
- Assess, plan, organize, direct and implement clinical treatment services
- Provide trauma informed clinical services with fidelity to specific models and interventions
- Submit well written clinical notes in a timely manner
- Ensure clinical best practices and adhere to established policies, procedures and standards of care
- Collaborate with partnering services providers, placement agencies and governmental entities
- Nurtures a sense of community amongst a diverse and dynamic workforce and population of youth and families
Competitive salary (including bilingual differential) and benefits based on education and experience. BBS Clinical Supervision available for ASW and AMFT candidates. Comprehensive new hire and continuing education opportunities available. Sign on and retention bonuses are offered for some positions across the agency.
TLC is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and strive to create a workforce that is reflective of the ethnic and cultural makeup of our community.
For more information or to submit a cover letter and resume, please respond to email@example.com. You may be contacted for an interview pending a review of all qualified applicants.