TLC Child and Family Services is a leading agency which offers a continuum of evidence-based treatment and relationship-focused care to youth and families. Our agency offers five tiers of service; foster care and adoption, residential treatment, special education, comprehensive mental health, and transitional housing. Our team is dedicated to empowering children, young adults, and their support systems with the goal of cultivating resilience, well-being, and prosperity.
TLC is looking for a full time (30 hrs/week) Administrative Assistant for our Transition Age Youth Housing Programs. This position reports directly to the THP Program Director. The Administrative Assistant supports the Program Director, Assistant Program Director, Resource Center Manager, and Housing Director. This position requires professionalism, dedication, commitment, flexibility, attention to detail, organization, creativity and patience.
The Administrative Assistant role includes, but is not limited to:
General Office Duties
- Greet visitors and youth
- Answering the phone and check voicemail as needed
- Maintain office equipment and manage office supplies
- Check mail, route received mail as necessary
- Keep staff phone list up to date
- Responsible for organization of forms and submitted documents
- Support set up/break down and organization of workshops and events
- Support with kitchen and resource center organization and cleanliness
- Attend weekly TLC staff trainings as required
- Perform other job duties, as assigned or as back up when staff are out of the office
Safety & Facility Maintenance
- Perform weekly safety checks, ensure check list is followed and completed
- Perform monthly Fire Extinguisher checks, schedule annual check
- Perform safety disaster drills for new hires. Facility drill is run every 3 months
- Manage documentation for THP Vehicles
- File and upload housing documents into agency database
- Assist with maintaining all CDC required documents for the Rapid Rehousing Program
- Help organize & maintain household needs and parent shopping space
- Assist with the navigation of laundry room use, as needed
- Assist Resource Center Manager with the onboarding of new hires
Behavioral Health Services
- Assist with scheduling appointments and weekly appointment reminders
- Collect forms after visits, scan and upload into database
- Maintain accurate and up to date program participant files
- Run “task” sheets monthly
- Input all surveys for program outcomes
- Process Incident Reports and Law Enforcement Reports as needed
- Process all medical, dental appointments and send to appropriate person
Applied Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Computer skills and knowledge of Adobe, Microsoft Word, Excel, Gmail & Google Calendars
- Express oneself and communicate both orally and in writing
- Proficient editing skills
- Support existing agency policies, maintain confidentiality in all matters of agency operations including clients, resource parents and employees
- Maintain appropriate professional relationships with all staff
- Work in a team-decision-making process
- Relate to program participants and their needs
- Ability to take direction
- Make decisions and clarify vague concepts, sometimes in a crisis situation
- Exercise good judgment in performance of duties and responsibilities
- Minimum of a high school diploma is required/college degree preferred
- Experience in all aspects of secretarial and administration duties are necessary
- Comfort with the Internet and communicating via e-mail programs
- All employees will be required to familiarize themselves with a variety of written material that coincides with TLC Child and Family Services professional standards, philosophical orientation toward youth and their treatment needs.
- Obtain and maintain fingerprint, government and agency required background clearances, without additional exemptions.
- Ability to pass a pre-employment physical exam, TB and drug screen.
- Valid California driver’s license with an acceptable driving record and auto insurance showing employee as an insured driver on the policy.
- Bilingual in Spanish is preferred.
TLC offers a generous benefit package for full time staff including:
- 100% employer paid health, dental and vision plans for the employee. Dependents would be covered at 50% of the base health plan by TLC, dental and vision would be the employee’s responsibility. Coverage is available on the 1st of the month following the date of hire
- Paid Time Off: 14 days per year, based on 40 hr. work week
- 11 paid Holidays
- Employee ability to contribute toward a 403b retirement plan. TLC offers a matching contribution with vesting schedule, beginning at the completion of 6 months service.
- Employer paid $50,000 Life Insurance policy
We value diversity and are an Equal Opportunity Employer. For more info about TLC go to www.tlc4kids.org
Please convey your interest by submitting a cover letter and your resume to email@example.com. You may be contacted for an interview pending a review of all qualified applicants.
Wage range: $18.66-$21.00 based on relevant experience.